Fossils And Ancient Genomics Satellite Symposium
April 17, 2018, China National GeneBank
Abstract Deadline: March 15, 2018
China National GeneBank
Center for GeoGenetics, Natural History Museum of Denmark
Institute of Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Department of Anthropology and Ethnology, Xiamen University
Development of sequencing technologies and recent methodological advances in ancient DNA research have transformed the task of generating genome-wide ancient sequence data from impossible to reality, even for ancient genome studies on population level can also be conducted if samples are available. Papers published recent years help us witness the maturity of the ancient DNA field. Many new research findings these years are reshaping our understanding on events of evolution and history for both human and other animals. This meeting will underscore the importance of the combination of NGS technology and advances in ancient DNA methods to deciphering evolution events that are hard to solve by modern materials.
This is a satellite meeting of 1st AsiaEvo Conference, and this meeting will include discussions of new methods processing ancient DNA, archaeological discoveries, NGS data analysis of ancient nuclear DNA, ancient origin and migration patterns, the role of adaptive introgression in evolution and archaic introgression.
This conference will bring together paleontologists, archaeologists, genomic specialists and other researchers interested in fossils and ancient DNA. We warmly welcome researchers, academic teachers, students as well as journalists and other persons interested in ancient DNA to join us and discuss the current state of the art and future directions of this research field.
We will announced a large ancient genome sequencing project during this meeting, we welcome all excellent scientists to join this project.
The conference will be held on Tuesday, 17 April, 2018, in China National GeneBank, Shenzhen, China.
Scientific topics include：
- 1. New methods for ancient DNA processing
- 2. Archaeological discoveries
- 3. Ancient genomic analysis on non-human species
- 4. Origins, migration and introgression of humans
- BGI Research
- China National GeneBank
- Center for GeoGenetics, Natural History Museum of Denmark
- Institute of Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Department of Anthropology and Ethnology, Xiamen University
- Xun Xu, BGI Research, China
- Eske Willerslev, Natural History Museum of Denmark, Denmark
- Qiaomei Fu, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Xiao Liu, BGI Research, China
- Qian Wan, China National GeneBank, China
- Chuanchao Wang, Xiamen University, China
- Xinying Zhou, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Xiaosen Guo, BGI Research, China
- Xun Xu, BGI Research, China
- Johannes Krause, Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History, Germany
- Tianming Lan, BGI Research, China
- Haimeng Li, BGI Research, China
- Zhanxiong Hu, China National GeneBank, China
Registration and Accommodation
This registration is free and includes entrance to the lectures, an abstract book and meals (lunch). You should fill in “Annex I registration form”, and send it to email@example.com to finish the registration.
Please click here to download the Registration Forms of Fossils and Ancient Genomics Satellite Symposium.
We also welcome you to register the 1st AsiaEvo Conference. These two meetings are independent of each other, you cannot enjoy activities of 1st AsiaEvo Conference free of charge, including the meals, barbeques, happy hour and shuttles. So, we strongly recommend you to register the 1st AsiaEvo Conference to attend the full meeting. If you register before 15th February, there will be a discount for the registration.
Registration deadline: April 16, 2018
We appreciate that you can send the abstract to us by March 15. You can directly send your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 In English. You can also submit more than 1 abstracts with the sequence you preferred. And, we will finally choose the one that is most suitable for this meeting.
- 2 There are four sessions can be selected:
- 1) New methods for ancient DNA processing
- 2) Archaeological discoveries
- 3) Ancient genomic analysis on non-human species
- 4) Origins, migration and introgression of humans
- 3 The scientific programme committee will assess your abstract after the deadline has passed and you will be notified whether you have been selected for an oral or poster presentation (If you are not the invited speaker).
Invited speakers can choose one of the following two ways to book your flight.
- 1. Booking the tickets by yourself.
If you are invited speaker, we will cover your round-trip flights (economy class only). You may purchase the flight ticket according to your schedule. We will contact you to process the airfare reimbursement right after the conference. Kindly keep your flight itinerary for the reimbursement. Please inform us of your itinerary after booking the air tickets, so that we can make proper arrangement for the pick-up service. Please book the tickets by February 15.
Kindly reminder: the reimbursement will take some time, we strongly recommend you choose the second way to book your flights.
Please note: if you are also the invited speaker of 1st AsiaEvo Conference, the round-trip flights will be covered by them as planned.
- 2. Let us book the air tickets for you (Recommended).
For booking your flight, please provide us the following personal information and send it to email@example.com by March 15.
|Date of birth*:||Sex*:|
|Data of issue*:||Date of expiry*:|
|Date of arrival*:||Date of departure*:|
|Other information which is required by the local China Embassy:|
Please note that all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
We will make proper arrangement for the pick-up service.
Accommodation is provided for the nights of 16 and 17 April 2018. Please don’t make hotel reservation by yourself. We will arrange rooms at China National GeneBank for all invited speakers. And, if you are not the invited speaker, we can also help you book room at China National GeneBank. If you choose to make your own lodging arrangements, you will be responsible for your own transportation to and from the China National GeneBank.
If you also register the 1st AsiaEvo Conference, the accommodation for 18-20 April 2018 will be arranged by 1st AsiaEvo Conference.
If you wish to book onsite accommodation on either side of the conference dates, please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Travel and Location